Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Will Always be King of Pain

It's frustrating when all the plans you have set for the day just crumbles in a span of seconds when you hear the pouring rain. You then pray that it stops because you have this important affair to accomplish. But no. It's the monsoon season. At night, it just pours down so bad. On some nights, it rains like cats and dogs. And what's bad is that you're now left in the middle of nowhere, hailing a cab but not one pulls over, texting people whom you could just pour out your frustrations to but it's just too soon.

This night is one of those nights when I just feel like the King of Pain.

The melody might resound in your (reader's) mind. Yes, it's the song of famous Gordon Sumner (A.K.A Sting), and the song goes "I have stood here before inside the pouring rain, when my world turning circles running 'round my brain. I guess I'm always hoping that you'd end this rain, 'coz it's my destiny to be the King of Pain". Literally, I was stuck in the pouring rain.

It was along Buendia cor. Makati Ave. when I started thinking of whom to text, where to go, whether or not I'd allow this weekend to ruin my plan. I sent an SMS to my d-group leader hoping that he would not have a date with his girlfriend -- but nevertheless, it was just too soon. I wanted to try stopping by the Rodriguez residence - but I forgot it was a kilometer away, and there was flood all around. So under my umbrella (ela ela ey ey..), I kept thinking of what to do next. Suddenly a car just honks its horn behind me, "oh sorry, I was just thinking..." (I wish, I was already swearing this time).

I just found myself asking and arguing with God. "Why did you want this to happen? You know I can't get over when plans fail...you know that a weekend gimmick is my only way of unwinding. Why would you want me to be stuck in the middle of nowhere?"

No taxi pulling over, no jeepnees along Buendia. Great. How do I get home?

Rather than sulking and looking like a jerk under the shade of Petron Gas Station, I decided to walk further with my soaking wet socks and "chucks" to Mang Inasal. There I sat down, emoting, looking at every dropplet that fell from the ceiling. My mind wandering while staring at the downpour.

..."Why God, Why?"

Finally I decided to hail a cab, and good enough, the cab driver was an old fella who heard me just swearing at the rain that cancelled an affair. I know that I'm a Christian and I should not swear or even use the Name of God in vain. But times like these, and when things just get the best of me...

I can't help but speak foolishly.

I'm writing this to let people know of my struggle with regard to my lips. It was bad enough that a friend of mine heard me swear under the pouring rain. Why did she have to hear me that way? Why was I put under a circumstance where I was already tactless with what I was saying?

thus, I'm the King of Pain.

1 comment:

  1. ahia, I followed you na haha. keep on writing para i'll know what's up with you! :D

    You won't always be the king of pain...you are already victorious!! :D We've won the race..it's just a matter of living the life of a champion. :D Take care.

    ReplyDelete